Category: CommunityInterWorx Community

Security researchers recently showed that the company behind the MacKeeper application exposed the data of millions of its users. We’re used to hearing about such security breaches, but in this case it didn’t happen because of a software vulnerability or a clever social engineering attack. It happened because the MongoDB database used by the company […]

DatabasesMacKeeperSecurity
Jan 14, 2016, 11:29 amBy: Corey Northcutt (0) Comments

A few months ago, Cisco announced a new format for disclosing vulnerabilities. The PSIRT vulnerability disclosure format was intended to make it easier for system administrators to remain informed about vulnerabilities in Cisco’s products, which are used in data centers all over the world. This month, the company announced an API to make that information […]

APIciscoSecuritySystem Administration
Jan 12, 2016, 10:54 amBy: Corey Northcutt (0) Comments

At the beginning of 2014, we wrote about the negative impact that bots have on the web, noting that the number of bots — software web users like crawlers and spam bots — outstripped the number of human web visitors by a considerable margin. In its annual bot report for this year, Incapsula has revealed […]

botsspam
Jan 7, 2016, 1:57 pmBy: Corey Northcutt (0) Comments

I don’t think “backdoor” is a particularly good metaphor for the sort of security vulnerability that many organizations want to see introduced into purportedly secure software. The backdoor in my house is a convenient way for me to access my backyard. I have the key to it and I can make it as secure as […]

Enterprise ITSecuritySoftware
Jan 5, 2016, 4:15 pmBy: Corey Northcutt (0) Comments

A few months ago, Google announced plans to move its corporate applications to the cloud; a new security model that it has referred to as The BeyondCorp Initiative. Rather than trust an internal corporate network to protect its mission-critical systems, Google is shirking tradition. It’s operating on the belief that internal networks are just as […]

CloudGoogleSecurity
Dec 31, 2015, 2:22 pmBy: Corey Northcutt (0) Comments

Newsletter

New Comments

Current Poll

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Forum Posts