The following procedures explain how to set the default (primary, secondary, and tertiary) DNS servers on an InterWorx Control Panel server.
- Click the System Services menu item if it is not already open.
- Click the DNS Server menu item if it is not already open.
- Click the Overview menu item.
- Locate the Default DNS Servers section.
- Enter the new Primary DNS server in the Primary DNS field.
- Enter the new Secondary DNS server in the Secondary DNS field.
- If you wish to add a tertiary DNS server, enter the name of the tertiary DNS sever in the Tertiary DNS field.
- Click the Update button.
- You will see the following message at the top of the screen: Settings updated successfully.
The tertiary DNS server is optional and used only if the primary and secondary nameservers fail.
Nameservers specified here MUST be registered nameservers (e.g. ns1.mycompany.com and ns2.mycompany.com) NOT just an IP Address.
You DO NOT need to specify the IP address of the nameserver here. InterWorx does not need that information.